Saturday, September 15, 2007

Public Freedom ( Malaysia)

Before I begin, I would like to give a brief bio of me. I am a Malaysian Chinese Sabahan (proud to be one), 18 years old, so not old enough to vote yet. Currently studying Per U and my favorite subject is History. IM interested in issues that concern Human Rights, Freedom of speech and thought, Equality and Justice. Reasons for me to write this blog is because no one really cares what I have to say especially older people, Friends could not care less about politics and current issues (more concern of what is the new hand phone model of the market “sad”). I apologize because I am not very good in English and I do not have vas amount of understanding of politics and law plus other matters but really want to learn more. My dream of seeing my beloved country Malaysia has citizens who are entitled to Freedom, Justice and equality for All!
I draw great inspiration and ideas From DAP, PKR, Malaysiakini, My history class, and only “positive” things about BN. But I must say that I don’t support BN. But in fact I will support any political party as long as they hold my ideas of giving all Malaysians the right to of Freedom, Justice and Equality in which sadly BN does a very poor job at it.
The recent riot that broke out now gives the BN opportunity to blame and damage the opposition image. So please don’t give easy opportunities for BN. 1. Don’t burn or insult any thing that will spark offense. You know flags, negaraku, and religion. We should be civilized and act more mature and don’t get too sensitive or emotional. 2. When you make a complaint be sure to have a solution because it does not give a chance for BN to shout back “complaint, complaint tapi tidak ada solution, to lah pembangkang!”
Sabah is the poorest state can I ask why???? When we have so much oil. To my knowledge is that the government are corrupted (no surprise) includes all race, its the evil nature of all men (we should control it). But I really want to know other reasons why??? So please help me understand it. And please post and suggestion to help Sabah and its people (all races).
Religion, why cant Malaysia just be and remain a secular state??? I mean if it keeps Most Malaysians happy and helps in the unity process that why not let it be. Everybody knows already that Islam is the official religion so why must we advertise to the world about it (which just gives us a bad image). So please be more sensitive to other non-Muslims. Unity is but one puzzle to make Malaysia a mordent country. The others are Democracy in which people have the right to choose an alternative party to ruled the country (means greater numbers of opposition is aloud and is able to make a change) to keep the ruling government in check if it wish to win he next election and maintain a majority in parliament. Freedom of speech and ideas also should be encouraged and not have this fear of being jailed (for progress). Removed censored issues please, Malaysians are educated and mature people who understand and know how to think for himself. They don’t need the government to tell them of what they can read and what they cant read.
Is our society that fragile?
I will try my best to write as much I can. Please post any comments and ideas on how to improve my blog. Please suggest blogs and sites also. Post any issues also. Thank you. Pls. don’t post any bad words or any racial abuses pls. Respect and be civilized. ( Be proud being a Malaysian…Demand change for the good of all Malaysians…

No comments: